Follow my other blog instead! That’s where I’m posting photos now. Yaaaay! :)
Hey everyone! Thanks for following this blog! But alas, now that my study abroad experience has ended, I won’t be posting on this blog anymore.
HOWEVER, follow my new photo blog! http://twenty-onetaras.tumblr.com/ Thanks! :)
So I kind of booked it out of Dubai on really short notice and I’m now sitting in my room back home writing this… It didn’t really hit me until about 30 seconds ago that I’m home; I’m so used to using Tumblr at MediaOne Hotel off-campus that being able to use it so easily is weird!
Anyway, I’m aware that I have a lot of stuff that happened in Dubai that I didn’t update you guys on so I’ll be doing that over the next day or so. But for now, here’s a list of thing’s I’m going to miss about Dubai and a sister list of all the things I’m excited I’ll have back here in the U.S.:
Things I’m going to miss about Dubai:
- My friends :(
- Mango juice. It’s a lot harder to find here…
- EVERY restaurant delivering. It’s not as fun when the only thing you can order to your door for dinner is pizza….
- Multiculturalism. AUD has over 90 nationalities represented in its student body that is half the size of William and Mary’s. Woah.
- Hearing Arabic.
- Dressing up. The level that people in Dubai dress up is totally up my alley. I always feel a bit out of place amongst college kids in the U.S. clothing-wise…
- (very near) Constant sunshine.
- The beach! Yes, I’m tan already :)
- Beach volleyball. Hind, Adel, Joseph, Khaled, Rami, Lamees, and the whole gang… I wish I were going to be there every weekend :(
- The excitement of being in a city. VA suburbs are a whole different planet at this point…
- AUD volleyball. Girls, <3 you always!
Things it’s good to have back:
- My friends :)
- My family
- Wanda! (my car)
- Cell phone with unlimited texting. No more buying credit!
- Mom/Grandma’s cooking
- Manageable temperatures
- Wait, it’s green here???
- The primary language being one I actually understand. Not as fun but definitely more manageable.
- Fast internet. (YouTube videos load instantaneously! Woah, what??)
- On that same note, no government internet restrictions. Pandora and Tumblr, HELLO! :D
This semester was absolutely wonderful; I’m sad it’s over. To anyone out there that’s considering going abroad, I’m joining the chorus: DO IT!!!!!
Thanks for sticking around with me,